Monday, August 25, 2008

How you can help

I've been told to write the KS Health Care Commission if I want them to change their policy. If it's a letter they want, then let's get them some letters! The instructions are below. Here's the suggested letter, but write whatever you want. You can be as passionate as you like, but PLEASE - be polite!

Next, take a moment to check the prosthetic parity law in your state by going to the Amputee Coalition of America website. If your state has not passed a prosthetic parity bill, please send a letter (scroll to the bottom of the ACA link) to your state and/or federal representatives. The federal bill is House Resolution 5615. Senator Senator Elizabeth Dole of North Carolina is considering sponoring a senate bill. Please encourage her and don't forget this is an election year.


  1. I'm so glad to see such an organized effort in Kansas. You're friends next door in Missouri cheer you on! Keep writing those letters--state and federal.

  2. I just wrote to KS HCC chair Duane Goossen - and to my state rep to support the House Bill.
    Can we cc anyone else in Kansas to help things along?

  3. Thanks Patti! I've included a link to Governor Sebelius office. She seems to be a compassionate woman and I think she'd appreciate knowing what's going on.


Comments will be approved or reported as spam by Blog Administrator