Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's June...

Where does the time go?

What's new? Well, the neuroma is hanging in there. It has a life of it's own. It has its very own tiny brain that keeps seizing and sending pain messages up to my brain. I think I have it beat and then when I do too much (i.e., walking - as that asking too much?) it comes back and wrestles me to the ground. I hate it. Sometimes I think about cutting my leg open reaching in there, grabbing that evil, gnarly monster and biting it off with my teeth. It's the only thing limiting me at the moment. I have my strength, the socket is great, the C-leg is perfection. Turn me loose and let me go, please. I'm up to 2700 mg of gabapentin and 25 mg of amitriptyline. I'm in a stupor and it still gnaws at me. Gnaw, gnaw, zap, zing, tingle, spasm, wake up with the sensation of someone hammering a nail in your heel (which isn't there - neither the heel or the nail!). So here's the deal. We're going to electrocute the little sucker. A little electroshock therapy and hopefully some of those aberrant neurons will fry. Zap me? I'll zap you back. Bwa-ha-ha! Stay tuned.

The Amputee Coalition of America is having their National Conference in Kansas City. It starts tomorrow. What will it be like going somewhere where everyone is like you and you don't have to explain anything? Normal? Huh. What a concept.

We'll have an opportunity to talk to a TSA representative and to work on the parity issue. About time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be approved or reported as spam by Blog Administrator